Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I won! I won!!

So I entered this photo to a "Show us your Florida" photo contest at Fodors.com. And it was a runner up! I never enter these thing's and it was just so neat that this photo won anything! I'll be receiving a guidebook of my choice as a prize, but I don't even care about that! I just think it's cool that this picture placed! Most of the pictures that people entered were of the beach or the sunset's they saw on vacation, but to me, this is why most people go to Florida. To see the rat and get vomit inducing dizzy on the teacups. Oh yeah, and to feel like a kid again. So I'm thinking that this is why it was chosen as a runner up. I haven't seen who won the grand prize trip to Miami, but I'm gonna take a wild guess that it was a picture of the beach.

All in all, this picture was the perfect capture of a perfect moment in time! It was Andrew's first time to Disney and that expression, at least to me, says it all!

8 comments:

ellen said...

That is a perfect picture of why people travel with kids by plane/train/car for hours and hours on end! I love the picture and I think it's great that you won!

Ellen said...

Great Picture! Congrats on your place!!

Trish Fahner Photography said...

Ha! Congratulations!!! I LOVE the shot! and I LOVE that kid even more! Good Job! I don't believe I wouls ever be able to get a shot on teacups while spinning.

Kathleen said...

EXCELLANT! I can't wait to see my grandkids at Disney for the first time. (I hope I get to go!) Noah's already been, but there are three more!
Andrew is a beautiful boy! I still have a picture of him on a pony ride I must send you!

Melanie said...

Congrats!!! That's a great photo!

Rachel said...

YAY!!! how did you take that with out vomiting. on second thought how did you ride that without throwing up. The thought of the tea cups is making me put my head between my knees.

Kristine said...

This has to be my fav pic of Andrew! I think it shows his exact spirit! I miss you guys!!!

The Lowe Family said...

Great picture kim! I would probably have forgotten to pick up my camera for a shot like that.