Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baked Kale

A gal on my Mommy message board was talking about these baked Kale chips she gives her kids and how they love them.  So, I immediately had to try them!  


OMG!

Soooooo good.  I'm sorry I didn't get a before and after pic to show you guys, but think light and crispy and just melt in your mouth good.

The kid's tried them.  It was a 50/50 response.  The Kracken was big ole NO.  The Princess who I think is going to end up a vegetarian was a big ole YES and I'm currently hiding from her so that I can snark the entire lot myself.

Here's the recipe!

Brooke's Baked Kale Chips
1 bunch of kale, stems off and torn into bite sized pieces
4 tbs olive oil
1 tbs Vinegar (she used cider, I used Tarragon)
a shake of salt free lemon pepper
a dash of salt

Preheat oven to 350*.  Wash and shake dry Kale.  Prepare as mentioned above.  Toss kale in a bowl with the olive oil, vinegar, and seasonings and turn out onto greased baking sheet.
Bake for about 20 mins.

Watch them carefully, as I think mine only took maybe 10 mins.  

I think I'm going to try this with spinach and see if I can't replicate a dish I had at an Indian recipe....hmmm.  Will post with my attempts soon....

3 comments:

Roubiceks said...

Wow! Sounds yum-o. I'll have to try it soon. :)

ellen said...

That sounds great...just yesterday I was going through an old Bon Appetit and saw this! I thought "ooh, I bet that could be great". Thanks for posting.

Trish Fahner Photography said...

KIM! Sound delicious and I have really been looking for something to crunch that doesn't have carbs. I will make these for sure. Missing you guys : (