Sunday, March 15, 2009

Conversations of condescension.

This is a recapping of a conversation between Jas and the Kracken the other night before the dreaded 8pm bedtime call for the Princess. The Kracken goes to bed at 8:30pm and that half hour must be extremely precious to him.

Kracken: Daddy, I will be going to the bathroom and when I return, I expect her (points dramatically to the Princess sitting with Jas in the easy chair) to be in bed.

Jas: *jaw dropped silence*

Kracken: OK Daddy?!

Jas: Kracken, you need to revisit how you are speaking to me right now.

Kracken: *eye roll* Sorry Daddy, but the Princess HAS to go to bed at 8 o'clock. It's the rules.

Jas and I merely exchanged a weary glance.

****This has been a PSA for all couples thinking about procreating. Proceed with caution. 5 year olds are NOT what they used to be.****

3 comments:

Ellen said...

I knew I loved that kid! Not only cute, but likes to follow rules.

Trish Fahner Photography said...

well then you better follow the rules mom and dad!

Melanie said...

lol. That's too funny.