Do you ever get so tired you just feel like you could sleep for days on end? That's how I'm feeling right now. The combination of midnight wakings (Thanks Princess!) working out intensely 5 days a week, and the rest of the stuff I'm attempting to do has me completely wiped out. It doesn't help that I also seem to be developing another cold type thing. This is the fourth cold I've had since January.
I'm going to take the next two days off from working out to see if that helps. I'm eating just fine, I think I'm just running myself a bit ragged and with the lack of sleep I'm experiencing, it's understandable. I'm sooooo looking forward to the days when I'm not woken up at 3am because of a sock malfunction or a "buggie in my bed!!!" (said in high octave screech). I don't do well on less than 8 hours of sleep. I got better sleep when I was in basic training getting woken up at 3 am by the sound of a metal garbage can hitting the metal leg of my bed!
I'm also exhausted mentally. The Princess is getting her two year molars. She has become a complete beast. The Kracken was busy, and stubborn, but he was also sweet and polite. The Princess is neither. She's downright obstinate, evil, and calculating. I'm quickly realizing how different girls are from boys. While the Kracken was perfectly content to watch his electronic babysitter, the Princess needs full attention AT ALL TIMES and if it's not to her liking, you will get no peace. This does not work well when Jas is flying (constantly) and I need to get my schoolwork done. Or attempt to clean my dilapidated house. I'm beginning to wonder how much a Nanny would cost.
3 comments:
I feel your pain! Hang in there, I am sure we all wish we could be there for all of you with the toddler stage.
We at least had each other and had bitch sessions constantly.
Hang in there! Don't give up your workout! Modify it, that's the best thing to do.
Someday you will look back at this time of your life and wonder, "how did I do that, I must have been crazy!" But believe it or not, this too, shall pass!
I'm sure making a phone call to any one of us might help, but I'm sure you don't get much time on the phone as it is.
Love,
Aunt Kathleen
Dman has been cranky lately too. I didn't think to check to see if molars were coming in. I am, frankly, happy as pie that he will be with his dad this weekend. I got up at 5am because he did, and have been feeding myself caffeine all morning just to function. It's getting ridiculous. Here's to them getting older and all of this being a distant memory!!!
Post a Comment