Thursday, May 14, 2009

A brother's love.

The other night the princess was having issues eating her veggies.  Normally eating her veggies is not an issue, but for some reason that night it was.  She kept pushing her bowl at me and telling me, "you hep me, Mommy!", an order in which I am to spoon feed her myself.  I kept refusing because in order for her to be able to get her dessert she has to eat them herself.  At two and a half I don't see this as being particularly hard since she's been eating with utensils from the age of 12 months.  But I was holding strong, as was she.  We were at an impasse.


Well, the Kracken had devoured his helping of dinner, plus a helping of seconds (I made S.O.S from scratch with leftover london broil and homemade bikits, it was the perfect carb overload meal) and was happily eating his ice cream while his little sister whined and complained about me not feeding her.  Jas and I started clearing the plates away and were cleaning up the sink, when we hear, "here comes the airplane!".  Jas peeked around the corner to find the Kracken feeding his little sis her veggies.  She, in between chewing, was giggling like a mad woman, totally content in knowing that not only does she have Daddy wrapped up tight, but that she also has her big brother as well.

We caved and gave her the ice cream because we didn't put any restrictions on HIM feeding her.  We didn't think we'd have to.  Now we know better.  Those two are in cahoots, and we are in trouble.


2 comments:

The Lowe Family said...

I don't think it can get any cuter than them figuring out this loop hole. Emma is too smart!!

Roubiceks said...

Adorable! We often have these moments also and it just makes it all worth it.